25 Sept 2012

Sydney 2012 Day 3 Part 1

My birthday is finally over... Somehow the older u are, the less excited u will be over ur birthday... Maybe its just me... I feel stressed up and useless when comparing myself with ppl of my same age... the feeling is just like "wow she is my age yet she is already earning 5k..." haiz...

Anyway lets go back to the topic.... haha

Previous posts:

Day 3 started very early... was dragged out of bed at 5am... Its funny how Shan wakes me up... she is like "JIA WAKE UP!!!! U can continue to sleep on the car!!!!" Im officially known as a pig throughout the whole trip

Shan and me were like wearing 4 layers each as we predicted that it will be much colder up in the mountains... I wore a tank top plus a long sleeves collared blouse plus my UQ hoodie plus a wind breaker... haha I totally look like a penguin trying to walk with so many layers of clothes... but I still feel cold in the end -.- so the next time if I ever go up to the mountains in winter again, I will make sure I wear 6 layers... lol just joking...

It took around 2-3 hours just to drive up the mountain from the city... The first stop is the Jenolan Caves. It is situated even further up the mountain and I booked a cave tour at 9am!!! I will talk more about the Jenolan Caves in a bit...
   
The view on the way up the mountain is just breath-taking... Shan and me were shooting non-stop in the car, while poor Ben have to concentrate on his driving... Below are some photos that we took along the way...






At some point of time, we decided to stop the car to eat breakfast and enjoy the scenery... 

This is me sticking my head out of the car....


And Shan is spotted eating her sausage roll outside the car to prevent crumbs from falling into the car... haha I took this picture without her knowing...


More super nice scenery photos...




After a while I felt bored taking scenery photos and started to camwhore... This is the first time I wore a beanie... how do I look? lol weird I reckon...  




After a few hours in the car... we finally see the entrance to the Jenolan Caves... 
Jenolan Caves consist of 11 show caves with different difficulty levels...
For more information please visit this website: http://www.jenolancaves.org.au/Home_Page.php





The cave that we will be visiting is called the orient caves... the cave tour cost AUD 36 and you get free admission to the self-guided nettle caves with every admission pass u buy...   


Before I show u the caves, lets talk about how caves are formed... geography lesson haha...
Caves are generally found in limestone areas... it is formed as limestone is soluble in water containing dissolved carbon dioxide and organic acids... rain picks up atmospheric carbon dioxide and organic acids from the plant roots and decaying vegetable matters in the soil and in turn dissolve the limestone, forming the spectacular cave structures after years and years of dissolving limestone... 

The orient caves are generally easy to access, although the fitness level stated is average... haha I was hoping for something more challenging!!! ... there are proper steps and there are LED lights that light up the caves... 

Now I shall spam photos haha...








We got photobombed by one of our tour mates =(




This structure is nicknamed the bacon store... can u see the bacons? haha












After the orient cave tour which lasted around 1hr 30 mins, we went to collect the handset for the self-guided nettle cave tour...


We walked around the Jenolan caves before heading towards the nettle cave
... we decided to attempt the river walk!



Look at how blue the water is... 


Although it started raining, we decided to carry on with the walk because the scenery is just too beautiful!






After the river walk, we headed to the nettle caves... the nettle caves is a totally different cave formation from the orient caves... the nettle caves are mainly rock formations whereas the orient caves are crystal formations...







Look at how high up we are... the nettle cave tour is definitely not suitable for ppl who are afraid of heights! 



Lastly shall end this post with a photo of shan and me gearing up in the car haha!


Coming up: More of blue mountain!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment