21 Aug 2010

26 July 2010 - Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise and Chinatown

Dear all, haha finally this will be a super long post with damn lots of pictures... After eating alot of medicine and getting alot of rest, Jia is finally in the mood to play!!!

We woke up early that day as it will be a long long journey to Hakkeijima. Hakkeijima Sea Paradise is situated at the tip of Yokohama Bay. Its like a mini island in the sea.
Here is a photo of a map of Hakkeijima Sea Paradise.



Hakkeijima Sea Paradise consists of an aquarium called Aqua Museum and an amusement park called pleasure land. Its free of charge to enter the island, but you will have to pay to enter the aquarium and the amusement park.

Adult Ticket Price
One day ticket (entry to Aqua Museum and Pleasure land) - Y5350
Aqua Museum - Y2700
Pleasure land - Y2900

As I was only interested in the aquarium, I bought the aqua museum pass.
Here is the bridge connecting to Hakkeijima Sea Paradise. They have a seasonal sign stating the different opening hours.



This is the first thing you will see upon stepping into the island. A MERRY GO ROUND!!!



After buying the tickets, we headed to the aquarium... Here are some bushes that have been shaped into fishes... kawaii deshou?



Aqua Museum is a 3 storey building with a aqua stadium at the top floor.
The bigger mammals were situated on the first floor.
The first thing I saw was the walrus!! haha the trainer is feeding her which attracted a huge crowd...



Look I can reach the ground!!! HAHA



My fav animal, the penguins!!!



Here is another type of penguin which is smaller in size. Haha this is prob still a baby cuz it cant stop squinting its eyes when swimming... Super cute!



Next, Jia headed to the underwater tunnel escalator.
There was a gigantic stingray!



And many many fishes!!!



Haha the first thing I spotted is this emo fish staring at some algae with the what the hell is this expression haha...



Kiss me baby! LOL



The next few pictures are different types of jellyfish... I dont rly know which is which so dont ask me about it hehe


















This is my fav photo of all haha the fish actually poses for me to take a few snaps...



Some stingray hidden in the sand.



Sea Urchin!!! Its the biggest sized ones I have seen so far....


Can you spot the fish?



A scary looking sand creature...



Mini fishes sitting on a rock!



Poor fish surrounded by crabs...



Kani with super long legs...



Paul's siblings haha!



An octopus stuck on the glass panel...



A huge group of fishes swimming together....


Polar bear!!! This one seems to be trying to bite off the wall paint... LOL so naughty...


snores...



Worm like things sticking out from the sand... I was quite disgusted by this LOL. It will actually sway left and right...


A close zoom up of one of them... You can actually see the mini eyes...



Finally I reached the top floor... There are a couple of tanks with random sea creatures inside....

Hello what can I do for u?


Haha this is like a shark body with a stingray head...



A beautiful scenery from the top floor...



They even have a duck pond...



I was just in time to catch the Mammal show!!!

roarr...


claps with tail


A trainer standing on top of a dolphin...


And being tossed around....


Seal catching loops...


Washing face... haha


Balancing ball on nose


Doing sit-ups haha


Blow the horn...


Which one of us is cuter?


I am!


Look I can blow bubbles...


Trainers dancing with dolphins...


pats pats


Look I hit the ball!!!


Bye bye!!!


Haha thats the end of the whole show which lasted 30mins...
Next I went to the dolphin fantasy which is a huge tube built in the middle of the room where the dolphins might swim in...

A dolphin spotted swimming upside down...


Two very adorable seals just swim in hugging each other... so sweet!


Lastly before leaving the island, I spotted 3 cranes at one of the pond haha...


Hehe I bought myself a Shirotan plushie, 3 Shirotan keychains and a penguin plushie which can squeak... haha the keychain was on summer sales so I have more excuse to buy it HAHA


By the time we reach Yokohama its already 8pm... We headed down to chinatown to have dinner... We had a buffet at one of the Chinese restaurant... Haha it taste totally like zhi cha...

Below are some photos taken there...








Lastly I shall end this post with a hello kitty dressing up as a panda... haha Yokohama chinatown special...


My next post will be on Disneysea!!! Weee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment